Debt Collection & Recovery
BTLG has experience in helping clients collect money throughout Maryland, in all state and federal courts. BTLG collection lawyers can provide assistance in recovering delinquent accounts receivable and help your business recover additional revenue. BTLG is continually and actively involved in commercial litigation, including debt collection for its clients. This litigation spans from small claims to complex litigation and bankruptcy representation, including adversary proceedings. Within commercial collections, we handle various types of matters including routine breach of contract, subrogation, bond, construction and mechanics lien claims. We enjoy trying cases and taking on tough claims for clients who are willing to fight and support us to obtain maximum value. If the debt moves into bankruptcy court, BTLG can assist in recovery of assets.
Examples of notable collection success:
- Recovered $350,000 in settlement for medical/pharmaceutical distributor in structured settlement-confidential settlement (2015)
- Recovered payment in full (over $50,000) on confirmation of arbitration award against physician for medical equipment provider (2015)
- Recovered on judgment of more than $60,000 in favor of equipment supplier against developer (2011)
- Recovered over $323,000, lump sum, for commercial landlord for unpaid rent
- Recovered over $100,000 for Maryland law firm for unpaid legal fees
- Recovered over $137,000 for VA company from Maryland health provider
- Recovered over $80,000 from California company for Maryland firm
Every case is different. Our past experience with some clients should not be considered, nor is it offered as, a guarantee of future results.